What to Bring
- Water: At least one liter for a half day and two for a full. On hotter days, be sure to bring exta.
- Sunblock: The high altitude sun can be intense in the Lake Tahoe area and Lover’s Leap.
- Lunch and snacks
- Personal climbing Gear: Harness, belay device, and helmet. Let us know if you are missing any of those items and we will provide them for you. If we do not have the correct shoe size in stock, they can be rented at the Strawberry Station General Store for $10 a pair.
- Comfortable hiking shoes: No flip flops! Heavy duty hiking boots are not necessary.
- Layers: The base of Lover’s Leap is at an elevation of 5800 feet and the summit is 7100 feet. Mornings can be sometimes cool with the cliff being in the shade until afternoon. Wind can also blow in the mountains in the afternoon in the Lake Tahoe area, so a wind jacket is advised. A light-weight warm hat is also advised.